Studin Young PC provides wide-ranging legal and consulting services of the highest caliber to our corporate clients. We take a deep interest in our clients, their businesses, strategies and successes. We recognize that operating a business inevitably intersects with the law and, instead of being a roadblock or traffic jam, we work hand-in-hand with our clients to pave a road to success – efficiently, smartly and creatively. To that end, we are experienced and shrewd negotiators who know how to close a deal; we protect our clients’ best interest in drafting contracts; and, when necessary, we engage our strategic partners who have specialized subject matter expertise in particular fields in order to deliver the greatest results in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
We serve as trusted legal advisers to clients ranging from serial entrepreneurs, startups and investors to family-owned businesses, mid-size private companies and global public corporations. A symbol of our success is the long-standing relationships we have with many of our clients, their enthusiastic referral of our services, and their unsolicited gratitude for our dedication, accountability and expertise.
Examples of the general corporate work we provide include:
- Entity formation, counseling on choice of entity (LLC, partnership, corporations), and consulting on business/legal short and long-term strategies;
- Preparation of operating agreements, shareholder or partnership agreements, bylaws and other operational or governance materials for startups, family-owned and closely-held companies;
- Counseling corporate boards and directors and serving as corporate secretary or compliance counsel;
- Capital raising and corporate financing (from seed rounds to institutional investment rounds);
- Employment agreements, employee stock option plans, consulting/independent contractor agreements, severance and buy-outs;
- Commercial contracts, service agreements and general business contracts across a wide-spectrum of industries, including media and entertainment, tech and new media, retail, manufacturing, construction and more (including licensing agreements, non-competes, confidentiality agreements, etc.);
- Financing arrangements including loan agreements, credit agreements, notes and project financing;
- M&A, business purchases and sales; business succession planning, business/partnership separation and dissolution.