Startup & Entrepreneurial Services
Studin Young PC proudly serve as legal counsel to a variety of successful start-ups across many industries, including tech, apps/gaming, retail, real estate, fashion/beauty, health/fitness, travel/hospitality, healthcare and others. In many ways, these representations, more than any other, demonstrate the best of what Studin Young PC brings to the marketplace – leadership, trust, creative-thinking, flexibility and dedication. We know that our entrepreneurs live and breathe their startup ventures; their minds are always working; time is of the essence; and cost-conscious, effective legal representation is a must. We are available, accessible and accountable to our clients, and we routinely find a way to work within the most difficult constraints.
Truly excellent legal counsel requires forging a deep relationship with one’s clients. We get to know our entrepreneurs and executive clients — their executive style, their company and their goals. Our approach changes with each client. Some clients strive for slow, organic growth while others seek viral explosion with a targeted sale in mind, and each requires a different legal and business strategy.
Studin Young PC developed a unique program and suite of services dedicated to serving our startup clients that covers their basic legal needs while recognizing the expense conservation nature of the entrepreneurial world. This turn-key approach is aimed at alleviating the administrative stresses associated with startups so that our clients can focus on the success of their new business.
We advise our startup/entrepreneurial clients in all phases of their growth and across multiple practice areas to meet their diverse needs, including:
- Entity formation, strategy consulting and counseling on choice of corporate form to match company needs (tax maximization, attracting investors, short-term and long-term goals) ;
- Preparation of shareholder, partnership and operating agreements, bylaws and other operational or governance materials; preparation of regulatory filings;
- Guiding companies through funding rounds: negotiating and drafting private placements (angels, VCs, private equity) and other types of conventional or nonconventional financing;
- Employment agreements, consulting/independent contractor agreements, stock option plans;
- Intellectual property (copyright, trademark) compliance, registration and licensing/clearance;
- Commercial contracts, service agreements and general business contracts across a broad spectrum of industries; and
- M&A, business sales, spin-offs.
Read Client Testimonials from Yossi Shemesh, Co-Founder of Mobli and serial entrepreneur.